2/27/2012

Academy Awards 2012 - The Three Best & Worst Dresses


If you ask me, this year's Oscars were boring in terms of dresses. There was just nothing special, nothing interested me, except for Angelina Jolie's shocking skinniness and the fact that it's the first time I could actually see that Antonio Banderas is getting old. Sad, eh? Anyways, I’ve brought you a quick collection of the three of my favorite and least favorite looks of the 2012 Oscars. 



The Three Best

#1
Rose Byrne in Vivienne Westwood


Probably you all know by now how much I adore sequined clothes. Now this dress is a 100% win if you ask me, I love the tailoring and the shininess and she did a surprisingly good job accessorizing this dress. The only thing I don't like is the pair of heels, made by Jimmy Choo, I just hate how her toes interrupt the blackness... Is something wrong with me? 

#2
Stacy Keibler in Marchesa


Outstanding tailoring! I love how it's so extraordinary and shiny, how it looks somewhat effortless to me and it perfectly highlights her great figure. I adore the hairstyle as well, harmonizes with the lines of the dress in a subtle, fantastically composed way. 

#3
Cameron Diaz in Gucci



In this case it's not really the dress, it's all that she is. She's shining in this dress, with the hair, the smile, it just all looks fantastic! Dress-wise, I love the fringes and the sparkly detailing as well as the (otherwise) simple tailoring. 


The Three Worst

#1
Elaine Taylor



So, so unlucky with the choice of fabric! Dresses this tight, made of this fabric (silk/satin) are the most unflattering kind of dresses; they show off every single flaw, even the tiniest ones. Her tights' sewing is really obvious at her tummy and there's also something I can only call a camel-toe. It's just a bad choice. A really bad one.


#2
Octavia Spencer



If I were her, I would have chosen a dark color dress, because for her figure it would have been a lot more flattering. Also, the "center" of the dress (embellishment-wise) is at her waist, which, although highlights that her waist is the slimmest part of her body, draws a lot of attention to her hips where she's the thickest. This dress, long story short, makes her look a lot fatter then she actually is. And I wouldn't wear short sleeves either...her arms are’nt toned enough, I'd say.


#3
Natalie Portman



It's vintage, which is a huge plus, but honestly, this is the most boring dress ever. It's undeniably elegant, at least from afar, but if you look close enough, it's just a polka dot dress; I think it's just not sophisticated enough for an Oscar gala.

You can take a look at all (or most of) the dresses of the Oscar here. Leave a comment below and let us know which dresses you like or dislike! xo

1 comment:

  1. totally agree about natalie - was soooo unimpressed. and Rose Byrne looked like a total babe!! Such a beautiful dress. But I thought Octavia Spencer looked gorge! Its nice to see a curvey lady steering away from darker colours.

    Lovely blog!

    http://forcing-it.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...