5/09/2011

Jen's Project Article I Was Featured In

Jen B, a journalism student from the UK emailed me in March and told me how she liked my Female Leaders' Style series and was interested in my further opinion about fashion in politics. 
She later asked me a few questions and finally sent me the entire article she wrote. 
Everything in the article about me is written very kindly and I am really honored that she wanted me to participate in the project. 
You can see the entire article here, but let me share the part I was featured in with you here (please, excuse Jen the language mistakes - she's not native english).
"Bianca, a Hungarian blogger of My Fashion Lust List. She usually shares some information about fashion to her readers. Recently, she has blogged about female leader's fashionable dress in her blog. She thinks the reason why people interested in their dress style have many reason. "Well, it either can be because of a love for fashion, either because they're gossip magazine writers and want to criticize politicians on how they dress and how much it costed, or it can be just because politicians are a kind of role models who play huge part in how things in world, even fashion, changes by time," she said. Koka thinks a female politician or businesswoman can and will look more credible and easier to believe if they wear stylish and fitted clothes that are flattering and highlight the best parts of them. It's just the way people are, they easily judge a book by their cover and female leaders can easily take advantage of this.
 She has commented Sara Palin, Angela Merkel and Christina Kirchner's dresses style in her blog. When we was talking about who is her favourite good look politician, she said she likes both Michelle Obama and Chritina Kirchner. "Of course I adore Michelle Obama's style, but it has been talked about so much I'd rather say Christina Kirchner here. She's amazingly stylish and dresses so flattering you could never tell her age or if she's got any flaws. She knows what's appropriate to wear as a politician, she knows what looks good on her and it's obvious that she cares," Koka explained. She has described she failed to find the flaws in Kirchner's apparently impeccable style because Kirchner's perfect look makes herself never seen a 58 years old lady in her blog.   Michelle Obama's "Women, wear what you love" has encouraged many women to wear what they like, but Koka thinks sometimes they dress style should up to occasion. "Some way I do. I'd say wear something only if you feel great in it, but don't wear everything that you feel good in. For instance, you may love your Adidas sweatpants and hoodies, but you should definitely not wear it outdoors, on the street, or anywhere you can be seen. Of course there are people who don't care and wear hideous pieces for walking their dogs or something like that, but not for important events, thank God," she said."
All in all, thank you for asking me, Jen! It really was an honor. 
Darling readers, please read the article and let me know what you think :) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...