The short story of this movie is basically that the neurotic comedian, Alvy (Woody Allen) falls for the equally neurotic Annie Hall in the 70s, and this film shows their romantic adventures. That's pretty much it. Great movie though, and Diane Keaton, whom I'm not really a huge fan of, looks her absolutely very best and most stylish in it. She was the precursor of boyfriend style in this movie.
You can actually dress like Annie if you go to a Zara or a Mango, and get a pair of Steve Madden shoes, like my pair of Steve Madden Tuxxedo Oxfords which I adore. Or just put your boyfriend's or brother's clothes on.
Things you'll need to copy the Annie Hall style:
- cropped jacket
- white shirt
- ties [a helpful tutorial to tie it]
- super-baggy pants
- men's watch
- leather bag
- round sunglasses [get it here]
- Don't overdo it by wearing too many masculine pieces! You can wear wedgies or platforms in nude colors if your pants are baggy. For cigarette pants, wear oxfords like above or brogues.
- Annie's clothes almost always highlights her waist. Highlight yours to keep it feminine enough!
- You don't necessarily need to wear pants as high waisted as on the second picture above - it may be too old-fashioned.
Annie Hall inspired looks: