1/02/2011

The 7 Most Fashionable Movies Ever #1: Breakfast at Tiffany's

New series on MFLL - The 7 Most Fashionable Movies Ever! In the next seven days I'll be introducing each movie in terms of fashion. 
Today I introduce the first one, my all time favorite movie, Breakfast at Tiffany's, starring Audrey Hepburn.
                                
"A stylish classic with Audrey Hepburn at her elfin, elegant best" - About.com
Needless to say a thing about this amazing and fabulous and utterly gorgeous movie with Audrey Hepburn, my number one favorite ever (read an old post of mine about her). I've seen Breakfast at Tiffany's like a million times and her style and sense of beauty still amaze me.
You can find pieces like Holly Golightly's stuff at Dior, Chanel (my best LBD is a Karl Lagerfeld piece) and Michael Kors sometimes. You can also go for Nine West, I have a really pretty peacoat by Nine West, for example, that's really Breakfast at Tiffany's.     




  
Things you'll need to copy the Breakfast at Tiffany's style:

  • black dress
  • upswept hair [hair-do tutorial]
  • a strand of pearls 
  • oversized sunglasses 
  • cigarette holder
  • pretty hats 

Warning! 
  • Don't overdo it with long silk gloves or too long cigarette holders. 
  • Don't wear chunky accessories, slutty pieces, and avoid short dresses. Audrey (okay, Holly Golightly) wears maxi skirts or knee-length skirts and dresses! 
  • Wear colors, of course do, but not too many of them! Holly mostly dresses into dark blue, gray, black, white and only up to one splash of color in every outfit! 





16 comments:

  1. So is Breakfast at Tiffany's the most stylish movie ever or is it the 7th most stylish?

    Excited to see this feature unfold!

    http://www.tresawesome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course it's the number one, the most stylish movie, though it was pretty hard to decide, since all 7 movies are equally awesome You'll see.. ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE LOVE LOVE Breakfast at Tiffanys and i totally agree that it is effortlessly elegant, Audrey Hepburn is my girl crush!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How charming, delicate and elegant this women was. Her style is still current & fashionable so many years later !

    ReplyDelete
  5. i must tell you....
    i love you for posting this!!!!

    it has a personal place in my heart.
    a very BIG place!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love this movie yes the fashion is such an inspiration and all her clothes were just absolutely fabously

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes i LOVE Breakfast at Tiffany's! I wouldn't wanna wear over sized pearls tho lol i might get robbed. ;O

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post. I was checking continuously this weblog and I
    am inspired! Very useful info specially the last phase :) I deal
    with such information much. I used to be looking for this certain
    info for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.


    Stop by my webpage ... http://wiki.artide.info/index.php?title=Utente:JerryAbra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply desire to say your article is as astonishing. The clearness for your post is
    just great and that i can think you're an expert in this subject. Fine together with your permission let me to snatch your RSS feed to keep up to date with impending post. Thank you one million and please carry on the rewarding work.

    Feel free to surf to my website: クロエ

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's an amazing post designed for all the online users; they will get advantage from it I am sure.

    my homepage :: トリーバーチ

    ReplyDelete
  11. We stumbled over here by a different page and thought I
    might check things out. I like what I see so i am just
    following you. Look forward to exploring your web page for a second time.


    My homepage atapabogosa.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. My brother suggested I might like this website. He was
    totally right. This publish truly made my day.

    You cann't believe just how a lot time I had spent for this info! Thank you!

    Also visit my weblog :: トリーバーチ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every weekend i used to visit this site, as i want enjoyment, as this this web page conations actually
    fastidious funny data too.

    my web site コーチバッグ

    ReplyDelete
  14. certainly like your website but you have to test the spelling on quite
    a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very bothersome to inform the reality on the
    other hand I will certainly come back again.



    Also visit my webpage クロエ

    ReplyDelete
  15. Howdy! This article could not be written any better! Going through this post reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He constantly kept talking about this. I most certainly will forward
    this information to him. Pretty sure he will have a great read.
    Thank you for sharing!

    my blog - コーチ

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks a lot for sharing this with all folks you actually know what you're talking approximately! Bookmarked. Kindly also talk over with my site =). We may have a link exchange arrangement among us

    my blog :: http://www.sevgibahcesi74.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...