11/17/2010

Tavi Gevinson once again.

this is the last time i ever write about Tavi Gevinson, i swear, but i just couldn't not say anything about this. 
Tavi and Sassy's former editor, Jane Pratt start a new teen magazine that will be similar to Sassy, blah, blah, blah. yeah, those are the news. the part i don't understand is the following: WHY TAVI? no, seriously. she is probably the only person in the ummm fashion industry? no, she's nowhere in the fashion industry, let's say she's the only person in the circle of "celebrities" who i can not stand.






i know that there's a lot of you out there who like her, adore her, look up to her, and i basically understand this, but please, take a look at THIS and THIS article (both are my older posts, one written in cooperation with my dear friend, Marcus, editor of Fashion's Religion), and after all those, please, please, comment!
what do you think about Tavi? if you like her, why? i'm really interested in other people's thoughts about her. 
thank you, guys. seriously, i want to know, what you think. it's important to me. 

5 comments:

  1. Well, the only thing I like about her is her hair.
    For the rest... it seems to me that fashion industry did it wrong on making her famous...
    XX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mhm, I don't know. On the one hand, as far as I can tell she's pretty cool as a person - very smart/reflected/mature for her age, and good at taking the chances she's been given, and outspoken, and not a bad writer... (It may help that I like her feminist viewpoint.) On the other hand, I really don't understand her sense of fashion (many outfits look randomly thrown together and over-the-top at the same time), I cannot get behind the "weirdly shaped big chunky shoes" obsession she shares with a number of other fashion people, and I'm a little jealous because, hey, when I was 13 I wanted to become a fashion designer, I was sewing my own clothes and experimenting with my mom's/grandma's vintage items or even old drapey curtains... but I didn't have the internet then... now I'm studying something "sensible" and it's a bit too late to become a child prodigy :)

    Cheers,
    poet

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't really give any sensible reasons to be concerned about her involvement with Jane Pratt/fashion/blogging/etc. This just feels like a personal attack.

    I agree with poet above -- Tavi is very bright and self aware. She knows she's a teenager and that she's changing, and good for her for achieving recognition for her positivity and strong sense of self. It helps that even though she is involved with these very grown-up things, she still seems in touch with her pre-adolescence, and gives herself lots of time to be a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know how I feel about her sweetie, but I respect everyones opinion because i know everyone doesn't feel the same way. Thank you for giving me a shout out, I appreciate it so much!

    xox Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Marissa June, i believe i pretty much described my feelings about her in my previous articles that i linked.
    thanks for the comments, everyone :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...